Google

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

My motorcycle accident

So I had my first motorcycle accident today…
But luckily it was really no big deal. The traffic in front of me on 2100 east came to a stop because some NIMROD in an SUV (blonde likely on her cell phone I would guess) wanted to turn left across a double-double yellow. The three vehicles in front of me came to a stop as did I without much ado. Moments later I heard the squealing tires and then the bump. I look over my shoulder and there is this girl with eyes about the size of pool-balls. The left front bumper of her white tempo just inches from my right leg, and her fender is resting on my exhaust. The bump did nothing more than lean my bike over. Luckily my bike is light and I was strong enough to hold it up. When the traffic cleared in front of us we pulled over and she jumped out of her car, already in tears. I got off my bike to inspect the damage, and to my surprise there wasn’t anything but a rub mark where her paint swapped to my bumper. There was no dent no scratch, nothing! So I told her no harm no foul, and not to worry about it. I was in a hurry to get home so Kirsten could get to work so I didn't stick around to 'chat'. If I had been in a four wheel cage she would surely had done substantial damage. Here is proof that bikes are safer than cars. :-)

In one respect I consider myself lucky that I didn’t get injured, on the other I wouldn’t mind a new motorcycle...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->