Google

Saturday, February 19, 2005

Down to two...or three?

So I spent the day shopping, which is normally something that I dread, but this was different, it was for a new motorcycle. From my hours spent talking to all the dealers I really narrowed the bike choice down to two bikes. A black-silver Honda CBR1000RR, and a black 2004 Aprilia Tuono. Basically I still think that the Yamaha is the best looking bike of the group, but I couldn’t get most of the guys at the Yamaha dealerships to give me the time of day, yet alone budge on a price or offer anything to sweeten the deal. The first place I stopped was Perry Brothers Honda. I am still upset that they moved so far away. It was really nice having them 5 minutes from my house. They really seem to want to make the deal right for me, from giving me what I want out of my old bike, offering a killer service package, finding the right color since they didn’t have one in stock, and offering 250 bucks worth of free stuff. I really did like the Buell, but unfortunately they have some things that I found a little “cheap”, like the control switches. Otherwise I really could see myself on a Buell, and would probably love it. Problem with this route, is that they aren’t going to offer me a trade-in at all on my Honda since they are after all a Harley dealership. So then for giggles we stopped to look at the Aprilia Tuono, and while we were at it a Ducati. Well the Tuono was something that I thought I might be interested in, and I was right. I really like the style. I was never much of a “naked” bike fan, but I am slowly being won over. The Tuono is an Italian “exotic” of sorts. So the guy that owns the shop was really nice, and was willing to work on the price for me. The big surprise came when I asked about a service agreement. This is one of my big points. I HATE having to worry about maintenance on my bike. With my current bike I have always been able to just cruise to the dealer and drop it off for all of the scheduled maintenance. This is one thing that I insist upon for my new bike. Yamaha was not willing to do this. So the owner explains that this isn’t something that he has done before, but has thought about it, and asked if maybe I would be willing to be his test dummy to see how it would all work out. Something I am more than willing to do. So he is going to package me up an offer on the Tuono that he has in stock. The sticker was over 13k, but I have a feeling with the service contract it will come in less than 12 for everything. But there I am left selling my CBR, which I don’t imagine will be difficult as it constantly gets looks. So there I wait, hopefully by Monday I will be more prepared to make a decision.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->