Google

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

6 to 12 inches you say...

So the weatherpeople were wrong big time yesterday. AGAIN. One of the local weather guys thinks it is funny to wear this hideous white jacket when he thinks that the valley is due for a snow storm. Well yesterday afternoon as I watched the news here was "snowbank" predicting 1-6" on the valley floor and 6-12" on the benches. I live on the benches, and we were well below the 1" mark. I would call it a light dusting. Why can't they ever get it right? Maybe sometime this year I will get to use my snowblower...

Snowbank used to be fairly accurate. I wonder if anymore they just take the latest computer model and then go read it on the air. Do they ever look outside or at a radar? Seems like our local weatherpeople spend more time recountig the days weather and less time telling us an acurate forcast. They usually have the temperature correct, but they rarely ever get the rain-snow right. Is there something special about Salt Lake City that makes the weather so hard to get correct? Sure seems that in other parts of the country they get it right more than they get it wrong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->