Google

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

We tried...

Ever since I found out that one of my co-workers was going to leave I have tried to convince him to stay. On Monday another co-worker, the person leaving, and myself went out and rode our mountain bikes. It was almost a perfect day (would have been if we had succeeded in our mission). We tried really hard to convince him that the right thing to do is to stay, but it became pretty apparent that he was still leaning towards leaving. One of the reasons I am where I am is because I have a passion for what I do. I really love my job, and think that I would be hard pressed to find anything else remotely as cool. I think that there are many other people that I work with that share this passion and stay for the same reason. It is more than a job; I define part of who I am by what I do here. I don’t know that he has this same passion that I (we) do, and perhaps leaving is the right choice. It is definitely hard because we need his skills and will hurt because of his loss. His last day is a week from Friday and he will be missed greatly. I wish him the best of luck, and hope to see you on the trails…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->