Google

Friday, February 08, 2008

Apparently someone is trying to kill my wife...

So yesterday I get a call from my wife, and she appears to be a little freaked out. She goes on to tell me that as she approached an intersection and went to apply the brakes the pedal simpy sunk to the floor. She rolled right through a red light. Luckily nobody was there, and nobody got hurt (yes at least one of my kids was in the car)! I quickly left work and went to check out the car. I swapped vehicles with her and drove the car one block home using the emergency brake. I jacked the car up and had her pump the pedal, and it was quickly apparent that I had a large leak in the brake system. I pulled the front-right tire (where all the fluid was dripping) and had her do it again. The fluid was being pumped out of a cut brake line! This is the kind of thing that you expect to happen in the movies, not in real life. I am sure that this wasn't something that someone did to her car, and just due to normal wear. I ran to the parts store and replaced the line and bled the brake system (replaced all the brake fluid) and things were back to the normally spectacular brakes. Now I need to check the others for wear, because I would hate for this to happen again...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->